This story looks at the love affair between American consumers and their multiple devices. Your audience is craving a personalized cross-screen experience that, more likely than not, your brand isn't providing.
- The average American now owns seven screens
- Three screens are used every day, on average
- 79% report switching screens to complete a task (90% for millennials)
- 66% report being frustrated when their task state isn’t saved between devices (think of your shopping cart on Amazon)
- 93% of marketers think they have ad rate limits set correctly, 63% of consumers agree
- 90% (approximate) of marketers say cross-device identification is important, 28% are doing it
- 81% of consumers prefer sites that suggest products based on past actions
- 85% favor ads that take their interests into account
- 90% will share at least one piece of information to improve their experience
- 74% are comfortable with brands using their information to customize an app or website
- 70% re comfortable sharing information to get personalized ads
Whew, that’s a lot of stats. Check out the story to get the full run down of the numbers or download the full presentation.
Bonus infographic: 2016 State of Digital Marketing by Industry. Alas, it does not include healthcare as an industry, but is interesting nonetheless.
This story first appeared in the Klick Wire, delivered 7AM every Monday. Sign up to get the Wire today!