Google has been researching mobile activity and packaging it as "micro-moments." This is a good way to think about how people use their smartphones. 10 seconds on a smartphone can feel like an eternity so packaging content into "micro-moments" makes sense.
- 84% of smartphone and tablet owners use their devices while watching TV
- 29% of them are looking up show-related information
- 12% are reading discussions online about the show
Google has three recommendations for capitalizing on this behavior:
- Be available. Ensure you have a mobile-enabled destination to go with your TV campaign.
- Target category. Many searchers will type in the category rather than just your brand so be optimized for both searches (and don’t count on them typing in your full URL).
- Make it easy. The small screen is still small. Be clear and direct with what you have available and don’t clutter the experience.
Source: Think with Google