A "Virtual Health Survey" conducted by Accenture found that over three-quarters, 78%, of Americans are interested in some form of virtual care. When asked what types of care they would like to access virtually, survey respondents said:
The reasons given by the 21% that have accessed virtual care:
- 37% greater convenience than traditional in-person healthcare services
- 34% familiarity using technology to manage their health
- 34% curiosity to try virtual health
When asked what would make them more likely to try virtual health services:
- 44% encouraged by their physician
- 31% encouraged by their insurance company (healthcare payer)
For pharma marketers this points to a market for online services from the brand and may point the way for digital access to patient support programs.
This story first appeared in the Klick Wire, delivered 7AM every Monday. Sign up to get the Wire today!