Video is the new image and we're seeing both the platforms enhance their offerings and marketers demanding more quality content.
Consider that Facebook, the king of online video, recently has launched native video with Facebook Live and boosted it in users’ news feeds. Instagram and Twitter have increased time limits for videos, and the new Twitter Engage app is intended to offer more insight into how videos are performing.
Some of the stats in the report:
- 84% of marketers have commissioned one or more videos last year
- 79% of marketers said that video has a “direct impact” on their business
- 63% of marketers will increase video investment in the coming year
- 60% of marketers say that video is a “must have” to stay relevant
Other stories from the Fierce network:
- Can pharma use Twitter Stickers to make community connections that bond?
- Facebook rolls out prefetching, urges improved mobile site performance
- Google’s DeepMind Health, radiologists to treat head, neck cancer
- Proud Kybella users bare their fat-free chins in Allergan’s new DTC ad push
This story first appeared in the Klick Wire, delivered 7AM every Monday. Sign up to get the Wire today!