In its report, The State of Social Marketing 2015, Simply Measured shows how top brands are approaching the channel. The budget devoted to social is at 9.9% and the internal teams are small, typically 1-3 staff.
Most social teams report up through marketing, with corporate communications next:
The most challenging aspects of a social program:
- Measuring ROI
- Tying social activities to business outcomes (which sounds a lot like ROI to us -Ed.)
- Developing our social media strategy
The top channels for engagement by the Interbrand 100 are YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook:
Some other findings in the white paper:
- This is the year for video on Facebook
- 75% of brands post 4 times or less on Twitter per day
- 75% of brands on Instagram post at least once per week
- 100% of the Interbrand 100 have YouTube accounts
- 67% of the Interbrand 100 have accounts on Pinterest, but only 47% posted in April 2015
This report gives healthcare marketers a view into what the big players in other industries are doing with their social programs.
Source: Simply Measured