Marketing automation vendor, Marketo, has been on a social media push over the past couple of weeks but this latest offering is a virtual cornucopia of social tips. While these cheat sheets may not challenge the experts in the audience, it is always interesting to compare notes with other marketers on the rapidly evolving social channels.
The six cheat sheets and what you can expect from them:
- Twitter: keep your name short, who to follow, tweet chats, engagement and retweets, promoted tweets
- Facebook: the new timeline, EdgeRank explained, features explained (groups, lists, and apps), and promotion.
- LinkedIn: the company profile, shared connections, using groups, employee participation, advertising.
- Pinterest & Instagram: strength of visual platforms, B2B usage, the Instagram cycle (curate, snap, hashtag, and engage).
- Blogging: things to consider, writing killer content, to comment or not to comment, alignment with the audience.
- Google+: yes it’s still a thing, About pages, events, circles, hangouts, and benefits.
These cheat sheets are a great place to start with any of the covered social channels. Use them to help decide where you want to start in social media.