Come June 22 you should be able to create Canvas posts for organic display along with your standard images, videos, and carousels. This isn't a huge change, Canvas format ads have been available for months, but it might have a positive impact on how the ads are used.
With the ability to create these posts without tying them to an ad campaign the social media teams at pharma companies and agencies can experiment with the format – and this will likely result in more of these posts being sponsored.
Other social platform news:
- Facebook Live grows up with two-person broadcasts and waiting rooms for viewers – TechCrunch
- Wow! Facebook Reactions are coming to virtual reality – Mashable
- Snapchat And Facebook Fight To Get Users And Brands To Overshare – Fast Company
- Facebook Adds More Tools for Branded Content in Instant Articles – AdWeek
- Instagram expands users to 500M in tightening race with Snapchat – USA Today
- Twitter Launches Mobile App for Video Creators – The Wall Street Journal
This story first appeared in the Klick Wire, delivered 7AM every Monday. Sign up to get the Wire today!