How much technology to use when talking to customers can be a fine line. Too little and the customer experience is flat and uninspiring, but too much and it can turn creepy and invasive.
Now let’s get one thing clear here, 99% of healthcare marketers use so little personalization technology that the “creepy” argument doesn’t even come into play. Don’t use this data to avoid using personalization or else there will be potential value left on the table.
Overall the findings seem to be:
- Helping with preferences and providing customized financial incentives: cool
- Knowing too much about the customer’s financial status: creepy
Other stories from eMarketer:
- Time Spent with Facebook Still Growing, but Not by Much
- GE Uses Drones, Podcasts and YouTube to Shine Light on its Industrial Businesses
- What Products Are Consumers Webrooming?
This story first appeared in the Klick Wire, delivered 7AM every Monday. Sign up to get the Wire today!