BI has hosted one of the rare Facebook Live events in pharma, from the Systemic Sclerosis World Congress in Bordeaux, France. The company has also released an unbranded website "More Than Scleroderma: The Inside Story,". Talking about the Facebook Live event:
That engagement “confirmed the importance of continuing to use Facebook Live to connect with this community, along with others. Social media is intended to be shared–so, especially in instances like this where we are trying to raise disease awareness, this is an extremely important tool to utilize,” [Al Masucci, VP of Boehringer’s Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF) business unit] said, adding that “We use Facebook Live to break down barriers.”
Masucci said the event resulted in “overwhelming engagement” … but for a rare disease that may not be huge numbers. Still, opportunities like this for patients to interact in real time are valuable and other rare disease marketers could leverage the same technologies to good effect.
Other stories from the Fierce network:
- CMS hints at Blue Button 2.0 mandates for Medicare Advantage plans in 2020
- GE Healthcare sells off health IT unit for $1B
- The Walmart-Humana deal could be bad news for hospitals
- Microsoft sues Community Health Systems for copyright infringement
- Apple launches Health Records with 39 health systems. How soon will it reach clinical studies?
- Déjà vu? PhRMA rolls drug cost ads, insurers push back–this time on costly coupon rules
- The top 15 drug patent expirations of 2018