eMarketer is projecting US digital ad spending to be $58.61 billion in 2015, closing in on $60 billion. 22% is retail, by far the largest piece. Pharma and healthcare made the top 10 but only just, this industry segment is set to spend 2.8% of the total or roughly $1.64 billion.
Pharma and healthcare is similarly small on the mobile advertising side with 2.3% of the market and a spend of $660 million.
Other stories from eMarketer last week:
- Growth in Mobile’s Share of Ad Interactions Slows
- For Video Ad Viewability, Size Matters
- Has FOMO Gotten Higher Among Mother Facebookers?
- Chief Digital Officers Continue Global Explosion
- Email CTRs: Nothing New, but Still a Problem