An old management adage is "you manage what you measure" and in this case it seems to hold true. A test in TB patients in California with the Proteus adherence detection system showed that those being tracked were indeed more compliant than the self-reported patients:
- 93% adherence for the Proteus group
- 63% adherence for the self-reported group
The system was shown to be accurate as well with a 99.3% rate of positive detection accuracy. This study shows the Proteus system in a good light especially for conditions where the simple act of measuring adherence may improve it.
Other stories from MobiHealthNews:
- Apple files patent for stretchable health tracking band
- Livongo inks deal with Federal Employee Health Benefits Program, stock jumps
- Digital chronic disease management programs’ advantage? Supporting patients at the point of need