The Apple Watch was shown to be 90% accurate, compared to 99% for a standard chest strap, the highest rating in a test of four different wearables. This report of accuracy comes at a good time for Apple when other devices are being questioned.
Some other Apple Watch news was:
- A patent that uses the heart rate as a means of identifying the user
- A patent for a wristband that can identify gestures
- A partnership with IBM on a platform to connect caregivers with their patients
Other stories in MobiHealthNews:
- Study shows seniors at risk for diabetes and heart disease lose weight, reduce healthcare costs with Omada’s program
- Highmark taps Welltok to keep Medicare Advantage members engaged
- Circulation, a startup that helps hospitals use Uber for medical transportation, gets seed investment
- Tech-enabled health plan Zoom+ launches telemedicine chat app
- Savonix launches cognitive assessment app
- Chinese web company Baidu launches medical chatbot for doctors and patients
This story first appeared in the Klick Wire, delivered 7AM every Monday. Sign up to get the Wire today!