A survey conducted by QuantiaMD (a physician social network) on 1,500 HCPs shows that 37% of them have already prescribed an app to a patient. Note that these physicians may have been gathered from the QuantiaMD ranks which would make them more likely to be early adopters.
The linked story also looked at a smaller survey of 250 physicians also conducted by QuantiaMD that showed there is a bit of confusion surrounding the prescribing of apps:
- 42% won’t prescribe because there is no regulatory oversight
- 37% don’t know what apps are available
- 21% never recommend apps to patients
- 21% won’t prescribe apps because there is no clinical data
- 21% won’t prescribe apps because they fear the amount of data generated
These results show the confusion in the physician ranks about recommending mobile apps to patients. Until this uncertainty and doubt is dealt with patients will be on their own when it comes to achieving clinical benefit through apps.
Source: Fierce Mobile Healthcare