In a giant shift of opinion (which reeks of survey sourcing problems -Ed.) Accenture has found that respondents would prefer to use a laptop or desktop to view TV shows than their actual TVs.
The scale of the change is cause for concern about the research:
If further studies show this as a trend we could be seeing an acceleration of the shift from linear TV to more social and search-based viewing.
Other stories from eMarketer:
- US Adults Now Spend 12 Hours 7 Minutes a Day Consuming Media
- Despite Controversies, Facebook Posts Huge Revenue Gain
- Snapchat Follows Facebook for a Change
- YouTube Ad Controversy Doesn’t Trip Up Alphabet
- Are Consumers Signaling Renewed Interest in Smart Watches?
- Measure of Video Ad Spending Shows Sharp Increase
- eBay Incorporates Machine Learning to Overhaul Email Marketing Platform