Multichannel marketing report: what HCPs want
A new report from eyeforpharma looks at the difficulty in seeing physicians, the decline in sales rep numbers, and what physicians want online. The free teaser for this report, Embracing the Change: An Introduction to Multichannel Marketing, shows how the changing environment is making access to physicians much more difficult for pharmaceutical companies. The answer to this reduced access is a higher focus on digital tactics:
“Multichannel marketing is changing the whole digital ecosystem that we live in and that’s a positive thing,” observes James Musick, Director of Social Media and Web communications of Genentech.
For physicians, the topics of most interest were:
Also in the report:
- 86% of physicians use the web for clinical information, with 58% overall searching more than once a day.
- 65% of primary care physicians search more than once a day.
- 92% of physicians accessed health information from their consultation office with 21% performing the search with a patient in the room.
All of this points the way for more effective digital offerings to get physicians’ attention. Don’t just push out “your” messaging, give your target physicians and KOLs the materials they need to better do their own jobs. The top interests of the survey respondents provide some good ideas for content and media campaigns:
- Sponsored CME has to be high on the list
- References to trusted third parties such as associations’ guidelines and journal articles
- Medical cases and clinical paths, with details, perhaps packaged interactively
- News, study citations, congress proceedings
- Plus other media that can help the physician communicate
Finally, make sure that the different channels compliment one another and build a content “ecosystem” that helps your physicians get their work done. That is the best way to capture the attention of these extremely busy groups.
Weekly Digital Health Newsletter