Associate Creative Director
March 15th, 2014
I’m Glenn Z, VP of the Creative Group here at Klick Health. I’m responsible for all things creative – from art direction, copywriting, design and everything in between. I lead a stellar team of creative minds that make magic happen for our clients. As demand for our killer creative grows so does our need for a group of leaders who can divide and conquer.
The Associate Creative Director role requires mad creative skills across many disciplines and the ability to organize and motivate teams to “move mountains” and deliver outstanding work. As an Associate Creative Director you see the big picture, understand the bottom line implications, and translate both into operational terms for your team while inspiring them with your insights and conceptual abilities. On a day-to-day basis you will be responsible for the development of ideas that form the framework that campaigns are built on and lead the creative resources required to execute the ideas.
Working with various internal teams both inside and outside of creative, you will lead the creative process, as well as develop and deliver key presentations to clients. You will thrive in the role of key challenger of assumptions about strategy and tactics. You will offer leadership in understanding what is needed to meet the clients’ business objectives, balancing priority of communication objectives, and maintaining sensitivity to budgetary considerations.
What will you be responsible for?
- brand stewardship: driving quality, unity and consistency of creative tone, voice and design of communications and projects
- creative direction during all phases, including discovery, pre-sales, definition and delivery
- estimates for projects for all creative disciplines (Copywriting, Design, UX), involving respective discipline leads where appropriate
- ensuring project managers are equipped to monitor project cost, risk, and timelines
- acting as standard escalation point for the PM team for any project risks, costs and duration
- ensuring quality of all creative outputs meet expectations
- setting expectations and standards for creative team attitude, behaviour, teamwork and professional development
- maintaining lasting client relationships (this will include regular travel to client locations)
- defining and managing workflow for UX, art direction, copywriting, design and creative production of projects
- follow-up and evaluation of creative related concerns and appropriate escalation
- contributing to strategic and creative development of brand marketing for new business development
- interfacing, listening, asking, hearing, prioritizing and translating client situation, marketing goals and information into creative strategic brand concepts, messages and rationales
What am I looking for in terms of skills and experience in the person I’m going to hire?
- A blow me away portfolio of work you led or were directly involved in
- A deep understanding of experience design
- D school type thought leadership (What is D school? Maybe this job post is not for you)
- A track record of building and managing cohesive teams serving global brand clients
- A reputation for working effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- A history of building credibility and strong relationships with demanding clients
- A practical approach to ground your creative side
- A sense of humour and resiliency cast in the fires of what working in our business is like
I suggest you explore our site a bit to get a taste of how different we really are. When it comes to working for me, I can tell you I’m a no-nonsense people manager. My role, much like yours will be, is to clear the path and inspire people to do the best work they are capable of and to settle for nothing less.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to blow me and our clients away, I look forward to hearing from you.